There are a lot of things you can do with an old sock…but what about those unmentionables? For those of you who are truly committed to recycling, how do you recycle your underwear!? Here are some tips from USAgain, the clothing recycler and reseller, on how to avoid tossing old underwear and bras in the trash:
1. Donate: Send your old bras to BreastTalk where they will be used to generate cash for breast cancer research.
2. Get Crafty: Check out this cut little purse you can make from a used bra on Craft Bits.
3. Compost: Just slice off the elastic waistband cut the cotton into strips or squares and put it in your compost bin!
4. Recycle: Toss worn out underwear and bras in a USAgain dropbox. Find one online at http://www.usagain.com.
5. For the kids: Send used kids undies in good condition to Project Underwear who will distribute them in developing countries and send you a postcard telling you where they ended up.
Stay tuned for more from USAgain!